Thrilliest Finds: Vintage keepsakes

Good day everyone. I've been spring cleaning since it's new year. Found a few interesting things!

Thrilliest Finds: Vintage keepsakes




The past days, I have been taking off Christmas decorations that has been sitting and hanging around our house since November last year. While taking those away, I decided to clean and remove the old clutter in the storage area so we could put in new clutter there. I know, its ridiculous. Hi Ho.

Anyway, it's amazing how much junk the house accumulates every year. Before, when my older siblings were not yet married and were still staying at the house, we all had our own unique junk and our own messy rooms to ourselves. But ever since they went and got married, we had transformed their rooms into extra bedrooms and have put all their personal belongings in the storage area. Yesterday, I cleaned out their bedside tables and found some interesting tokens. I'm still deciding if I'm gonna throw them or not.

I found a vintage gold plated metal card case with a wooden vinyl pattern cover. It's so pretty! It's not the most spacious card case though. It houses only 15 standard business cards but that's fine, I don't give or get a lot of business cards anyway.


I also found these tiny gold bookmarks with Chinese Opera masks detailing. They're a ton of cool. If you see it up close, all the details of the mask are embossed and engraved on the gold leaf. Whenever I read in the train or in the car, I usually keep a mental note of the page I am reading. Whenever I stop reading, I usually forget the page I was reading. Once I reopen the same book, I end up reading a few pages back before realizing that I've read that part already and it's such a waste of time. It's handy to have them book marks. At least I won't have fold the pages! I try my best not to fold the pages of the books I own.
I found some old lady stockings in one of the drawers. It has gotten old in there! It's probably as old as Justin Bieber. I'll probably throw this away.

I was rummaging among bolts, dated coins, and screws in my brother's drawer and found 20 dollars and this. And . . . I found two! It's as big as an SD card and as thick and heavy as a Canadian dollar. It has "Always with you" carved at the back. I guess it's a token for guardian angels. Keeping one for me and the other for my dear twin sister. It's so precious.

I also found a small hotel sewing kit from the early 80's. This is probably my mom's.

Also found an old ruler that has yellowed over time. I could use this for my future art things. It has warped already though.

Found a 3D version of the save icon. My last recollection of using an actual disk was I think when I was seven?

I also found tons of camera film, negatives and some old presentation slides with tiny pictures in it. My brother likes to takes pictures and it has been his hobby for over 20 years now.

Can't believe how much cameras and photos have evolved. Cameras are already in all types of gadgets. Gone are the days when you had to develop photos at Kodak.

Also, speaking of Kodak, I've been eyeing the Fujifilm Instax camera mini. I have this urge to have physical mementos of the photos I take but I hate going to the print shop to have them printed nicely. It's too much effort. Maybe I'll get an Instax camera soon. I wonder if it's a good buy since everyone seems to be all hipster about it. What do you think? My friends say it's a little impractical since smart phones can take pictures a whole lot better and Kodak is dead.

I'm checking this one out as well. The classic one, in my opinion, looks a whole lot cool. It looks so 90's. Like the Olympus cameras my brother used to have. The other one looks like Lomo and seems so bulky for my small fingers to carry around.

I think that's about it. Other things I found were just paper, mostly old documents and receipts.

Also, I'm enjoying today's good mood with Magic Man remixes. I just discovered them this week and they are amazing! I have mentioned them a few days ago here. I really like the song Paris especially on the part when the singer sings chorus. I like the way he sings "Paris" with so much enthusiasm.




Leave a Reply