Reliving Coldplay

Coldplay, a few days ago did give us Magic.

Besides from Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay is one of the bands I've been listening to since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Yesterday was an improvement! No big events but hey, at least yesterday wasn't as bad as Tuesday. Tuesday was just a day of hell.

Don't Panic - still my favorite from Coldplay up to this day


Coldplay always has this melancholy, serene but at the same time disruptive (in the most graceful manner) songs. It's like I want to listen to their songs to make myself feel better but at the end of the day, I tend to feel even worse. Well, I think they have differentiated from their original sound before but yeah, there's that lyrics that just begs to be sad about. Their songs are about waiting, wailing, losing, forgiving - realities you don't want to find yourself into but you actually do. Their songs are just there as an unforgivably depressing starlight in your dark days. Phew. Nevertheless, I enjoy listening to the lightheartedness and warmth of their songs, especially Chris Martin's voice.

Anyway, skimming through Chris Martin's discography and biography, wow. Didn't know he stood around 6'2"! He's tall. Thought he was around 5'11".

Here's a list of my favorite songs from each album.

  • Parachutes
    • Don't Panic
    • Spies
    • Yellow
  • A Rush of Blood to the Head
    • Amsterdam
    • In My Place
  • X&Y
    • Talk
    • Speed of Sound
  • Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
    • Viva la Vida
    • Lovers in Japan
    • Strawberry Swing
  • Mylo Xyloto
    • Paradise
    • Charlie Brown
Anyway, I wouldn't post a lot of soundcloud bits (like how I usually do) today since there's not much songs from the official Coldplay soundcloud account. This song is actually a favorite of mine from their A Rush of Blood album.



Can't wait for their album this May. I really think they're one of the most hardworking bands ever.

Leave a Reply