Book Thrills: Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake

Hello! This blog is dedicated for all sorts of thrills I've been looking about and checking out. Thank you for taking interest at my interests.

Thrilling on Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake.


This book is not a regular novel. It is kind of a semi-autobiography of Kurt. It contains several good short stories that Kurt has taken with him and also a main plot involving a timequake. Timequake is a term coined by Kurt Vonnegut himself. I have described it as follows...


I think Kurt's books works for all readers, even for irregular book readers and non book readers. The humor and the short chapters makes it light and easy to read. Kurt separated his stories across several chapters so there will be pauses where you can just breathe and digest whatever you have just read.

Here I'm gonna show you one of my favorite phrases from the book which briefly (and accurately) describes how the modern living and entertainment has transformed into. I was so struck by these words that I had it as this blog's title. I do wish this blog not just to be entertaining but also be a stimulant for other people to be creative and imaginative in whatever things they are doing.


The writing style of this book is somewhat reminiscent of other Vonnegut books. It gives you several glimpses in different timelines in Kurt's real and imaginary life. It also references some of the quotes, characters and events from other books but Kurt won't leave you out. He'll brief you about what he's telling. It goes through different and ranging issues about ordinary life which lets you recollect on your past as well. It is a good read and I think this book is actually better than Kurt Vonnegut's famous Slaughterhouse-Five and Cat's Cradle. Nonetheless, I like those two books. Makes me just want to read more of his works! Some words from the book that made my day are shown below.


~~~-~~~

~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~
 ~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~
~~~-~~~

Can't help but put the last one. It's a personal favorite. I might have given away too much about the book! Sorry I'm not sorry.


Honest and entertaining sarcasm from Vonnegut. Please give it a try! Can't wait to read the rest of his collection.

Leave a Reply