Music Thrills: Sir Sly

It's just been two lazy hours since I woke up but I'm already tired as the beaten up PSEi.

Thrilling on Sir Sly on Youtube and Soundcloud



Hooked myself up with soundcloud to find a similarly tired song and found Sir Sly.

You, Sir, have just made a new follower and fan.

They sound nothing like tired but they do produce this melancholy dramatic music, resonating a little bit of Smashing Pumpkins or Placebo but with a more acoustic and eclectic vibe.

I remember listening to them last year, but that was an RAC remix. Not their original. I'm also a big fan of RAC, by the way. It sounded differently from their style but I was still hooked. Then, yesterday, just about when I thought my day was over, I rediscovered them.

Here's Let Go featuring Kele and MNDR by RAC, remixed by Sir Sly.

I really like this slow-paced, chill-out beat. It's the perfect song when you gotta take things slow. I really do hope Sir Sly remix some more songs. I thinks it's great.

So I was exploring the vast clouds of Soundcloud yesterday and re-found them. I immediately fell for their song, Miracle. Lyrics are perfectly suitable for the heart-broken and love-stricken and also for those who have been so low lately. It sends you to a pensive mood without being overly dramatic and emotional. It kind of just stirs a dark feeling inside then lets go. I'm not saying that I could relate to the song. That's just how it felt like while I was listening to it. I'm not sad, just tired and lazy.



Anyway, Miracle doesn't have a music video but their other song does. A more popular song of theirs is Gold. Watch it instead. You can watch the music video below. The singer's voice is amazing. I really like the part when he gets his voice up at the "Push and the Pull".



Is it me or did anyone else read their logo as SRSLY seriously rather than SIR SLY? I'm becoming dyslexic lately. Hi Ho.

Here's their full playlist from Soundcloud.



If you're feeling a little down lately or just looking for some new music or both, please listen to them.

Leave a Reply