Music Thrills: Robotaki and Giraffage

Hello, I provided some links in case the widget/player doesn't work.

Thrilling on Robotaki's and Giraffage's Music on Soundcloud.


ROBOTAKI

Before I make any comments, please listen to his mixes!

https://soundcloud.com/robotaki/sets/official-remixes

I've been listening to him for more than half a year now, I come back every so often to his soundcloud page to check out his recent works.

It's easy on the ears and comes at a constant beat. The songs he chooses to mix doesn't sound forced at all. Mind you, the songs he mixes are good and I have been listening to some of them before but his remixes just makes the songs even more jammable.

Usually, I get tired at listening to the same songs over and over but whenever I listen to his mixes, no matter how many times I set it on repeat, it's like listening to a brand new song. Really smooth remix.

His remixes are those types of music you'd put into the only commercial you wouldn't skip and probably anticipate every time it airs on TV or youtube.

My personal favorite:

https://soundcloud.com/robotaki/dj-shadow-scale-it-back-1

GIRAFFAGE

His works are so chill, sometimes I just sit down, stare at the ceiling and listen to his music.

https://soundcloud.com/giraffage

I used to listen to him awhile back but then I got tired of his style. Some of his earlier works were too heavy for my ears. I guess maybe for me, it had too much happening in it. Maybe I just didn't like the choice of music he had before. Nowadays, In my opinion, he's starting to gain that momentum again. Well, for his recent works, I feel like the constant beat and the tiny sounds that strike here and there were making a huge difference.

If I were to describe his work as food, it would be some light fluffy cream cheese icing with sugar and cinnamon on top of a soft moist carrot cupcake. It can also be the freshly brewed cappuccino or iced coffee you had this morning. That was a little too much but that's how I feel like when listening to his songs. It's one of those songs that will have you sit on your couch the whole day, make you open a new book or casually browse through lifestyle magazines and shit.

My personal favorite:

https://soundcloud.com/giraffage/music-sounds-better-with-you

I look up to these two! I really hope they continue on making great music because some of the people I follow in soundcloud haven't posted anything for decades.

Smooth sailing beats and easy listening. Please give their music a try! Can't wait for their new releases.

Leave a Reply